Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Almost 30 weeks

I really need to get better at updating the blog...New Year's resolution maybe?! In the last couple of weeks, we have traveled the state visiting family and friends. We had wonderful Christmas celebrations and ate lots of food. To make things even more interesting, we have purchased a new house, which we hope to close on next week. We have lots of renovating to do in the next month or two, but hoped to be moved in the house by February 1st. The house will need its own post, so hopefully I will get to that soon! To make things even more hectic, we start childbirth classes this month on Thursday nights and breastfeeding classes on Thursday nights, and I start back to work next week. Then my poor husband has to pack and move the entire house without much help from me. January will be gone before we know it!

So for a quick update on the little bambino and mama:
How far along? 29 weeks and 4 days

Total Weight Gain: 18 pounds as of my last appointment (12/21). Doc says he weighs about 2.5-3 pounds and I can expect to gain about a pound a week from here on out.

Maternity Clothes: Still loving them!

Stretch Marks
: Still none...thankful for this

Sleep? Not the greatest. Getting more uncomfortable. Lots of tossing and turning and bathroom trips. I think this is God's polite way for preparing me for sleepless nights to come

Best moment last week? My sweet sister and bestie RC hosted Sutton's first shower! It was absolutely adorable and deserves its own post, which I will hopefully also get to later. Oh and Presley spent a couple of nights with us and we had a blast. Have I mentioned how much I love her?!

Movement?
All.the.time. He is a very active little boy. His new trick is to poke either his head or bottom (can't really tell which) into my right side and just press hard. You can clearly feel the outline of whatever body part it is. Most of the time with a little nudging, I can get him to give me a break

Food cravings? Nothing in particular; however, it's getting harder to eat. I get so full easily and my stomach just feels super tight. Space is becoming a commodity in there!

Gender?
Sweet baby boy

Labor signs?
None. The Braxton Hicks have actually let up, so that's good

Belly button in/out? Thinking it's going to make it's way out anyday now

What I miss? I am really trying to enjoy everything about these last weeks alone with my baby, so I really try not to focus on anything negative. It will be nice though to be able to bend down and tie my shoes and not have to visit the bathroom so often.

What I am looking forward to?
Starting all of our classes, getting started on the house renovations and getting settled in, and our big shower at the end of the month!

Wishing all of you a healthy, happy, and prosperous 2011. I know we can't wait to see what God has in store for our family!!

No comments: