8T margarine, divided3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. water
1/2 c. chopped pecans
2 cans crescent rolls
1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
In ungreased 9X13, melt 5T margarine in oven. Stir in brown sugar, water, and pecans. I also added some vanilla here. Separate each can of dough into 4 rectangles and pinch to seal. Spread with 3T of margarine. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over dough. Starting with the shorter side, roll up each rectangle. Cut each triangle into 4 sliced, making 32 pieces. Place cut side down in pan. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Invert immediately to remove from pan.
In an attempt to lighten this recipe, I did the following and you could not tell one bit. I always buy reduced fat crescent rolls, used Splenda as well as Splenda Brown sugar blend. I wouldn't skimp on the 5T of margarine you melt in the pan, but I think you could easily reduce the 3T you spread on the crescent rolls. Enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment