Since the sweet tooth is apparently not going away anytime soon, I have been scouring the Internet for low calorie desserts. I've come across two already that I have made and are too good not to share. Let me introduce you to the Mug Cake, which may quite possibly be the easiest dessert out there to make.
1 box Angel Food Cake mix
I box any other kind of cake mix WITHOUT the pudding in it (I used Devil's Food)
3 T water
Here's what you do: In a gallon ziploc bag, dump both the cake mixes and shake really well. Disregard any of the directions on the box...just dump in the dry mix. When you get ready for your cake, take 1/3c. of the cake mixture and add 3T water and microwave in a mug or bowl for 1 minute to 1 minute 15 seconds. THAT'S IT!! I topped mine with fat free Cool Whip and Ster topped his with vanilla ice cream since he's not watching his weight. I even Sharpeed the directions on the Ziploc bag so he can make a treat whenever he wants. I was a bit skeptical of first, but trust me on this one!
The second recipe is Frozen Delight. I had something similar at Flowerdale Cafe in Tupelo and have been searching for a recipe since then. After some modifying of the recipes, this is what I came up with:
1 8oz. block fat-free cream cheese
1/3 c Splenda
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce, NOT the jellied log kind
1 16 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained well
1 can mandarin oranges, drained well and cut in half
12 oz. lite or fat-free Cool Whip
Beat the cream cheese and splenda together until smooth and fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients. At this point, you could just refrigerate and eat it this way, but it tastes even better frozen. Line 24 muffin cups with liners and fill them with the mixture. Freeze 4-6 hours until firm then pop out and store in a ziploc in the freezer until you are ready for one. They really taste alot like ice cream and are about 65 calories each.
If you have any other low calorie desserts, please feel free to share!
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment