Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Halfway There!

Tuesday marked 20 weeks, which means we're halfway there! We go back to the doctor on Tuesday for our 3D/4D anatomy scan and to find out if Baby Dahl is a HE or SHE! The first two weeks after my last appointment zoomed by, but these last two weeks have slowly crept by. Not that I am trying to wish away the pregnancy, because frankly I like having him/her safe in my belly, but I am dying to know the gender. I still have not made one purchase for the baby and I am getting a bit antsy to start getting stuff for the nursery ready. I know that these next few months will fly by with the holidays and I want to be prepared.

Before I move on to the official update, I want to congratulate our dear friends Andrew and Kayla on the birth of their son Jacob early yesterday morning. I stole this picture from her Facebook page, but I'm sure she will be posting more on her blog once they get home and settled. Isn't he a doll? I can't wait to get up to Little Rock to get me some sugars! It's so exciting to know that Jacob and Baby Dahl are going to be so close in age...I think we are going to have some trouble on our hands!
----------------------------------------
And now for the update...
How far along? 20 weeks and 3 days
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm still sticking with 5 pounds since I haven't weighed since my last doctor's appointment. I'm sure this number will go up after Wednesday. From here on out, I should gain about a pound a week. Eek!
Maternity Clothes: Loving them!
Stretch marks? None so far
Sleep? Starting to get a bit more uncomfortable. Since I can only sleep on my sides, my stomach is starting to get heavy. I wake up several times and have to change sides because whichever side I was sleeping on will be aching. I think it may be time to invest in one of those pregnancy body pillows
Best moment last week? Getting to hear the heartbeat. My friend Ryan Claire is in school getting her Master's in Nursing and has an awesome stethescope that we were able to listen to the heartbeat with. Still the best sound...gets me everytime!
Movement? Definitely been feeling baby move. Sterling has been dying to feel too and everynight he puts his hand on my stomach and asks, is that it? Everytime the answer has been, "No, that's my pulse,"...until last night!! We were lying in the bed watching TV and my stomach got hard as a rock all of a sudden. I told him to feel how weird it was and as soon as he put is hand on my stomach, he got not one, but two strong kicks! His eyes got so wide and he was grinning from ear to ear. It was a priceless moment. Have I mentioned how much I love him?
Food cravings? Nothing really specific, just food in general. Sweets have been looking alot more appealing to me than usual, which isn't a good thing.
Gender? Find out Wednesday!
Labor signs? None
Belly button in/out? Still a deep cavern
What I miss? Nothing really
What I am looking forward to? Duh! I sound like a broken record, but finding out the sex. Luckily next week I will have something new to post here!

No comments: