Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bite-Sized Treats

You know the saying "Good things come in small packages"...well I think this applies to food as well. There's something about turning food into a tasty one or two bite morsel that I just love! I mean, everything is just cuter bite-sized. This past weekend, I helped host a shower for Kayla and Baby Tullos and tailgated with friends for the MSU game. Obviously, both of these events included lots of food! Here are 2 tasty bite-sized treats that were really delish!
Peanut Butter Brownie Bites (What's not to love? Peanut butter AND chocolate in ONE bite...yes please!)

3/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
60 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pan with non stick spray.

In a medium bowl, mix melted butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually add flour, cocoa, and salt and mix until combined. Fill each muffin slot slightly more than halfway but not more than 2/3 full. Place a peanut butter cup in each slot pressing it down until it is almost level with the batter. Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until done. Allow the brownie bites to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cupcake tin.



Mini Crustless Quiches

So, this recipe would be perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a morning tailgate. This recipe makes about 36 mini quiches and the best part is they can be frozen and reheated for 10-15 minutes in the oven the morning of your event.
This recipe is very versatile as to what you can put in your quiches. Ya'll know I'm not much for measuring or following recipes verbatim, so here's what i did:
I decided I wanted to make 2 different kinds of quiches. In one, I did sauteed mushrooms, smoked turkey sausage and roasted red peppers topped with cheddar cheese. For the other, I did turkey bacon, spinach, and caramelized onions and topped with parmesan cheese. You can add whatever seasonings you like. I pretty much eyeballed how much filling I would need. I would say 1-1.5 cups all together. Mix all the filling ingredients together, MINUS THE CHEESE and add 1 teaspoon to each slot in a well greased muffin tin.
For the liquid, beat 4 eggs and add 1.5 cups of heavy cream or half-and-half. Pour the mixture over the filling until almost full and then top with the cheese of your choice.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Hope you enjoy these bite-sized treats as much as we did! Stay tuned for some exciting news...

No comments: