Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

39 Weeks and Counting

No, I've NOT had the baby yet! Although everywhere I seem to go, people feel the need to tell me that I'm about ready to pop, like I don't already know this. I went to the doctor again today and am now 1.5cm dilated about 60% effaced. So, we're making progress slowly but surely! He said that if I hadn't had him by my next weekly appointment next Wed (will be 1 day past due date) that he wants to hook me to the fetal monitor to make sure his heart rate is ok and possiby do a sonogram to check for size, fluid levels, etc. He mentioned that if I wanted to schedule an induction at that point for next Friday, that I could but I'm going to try and let him come on his own. There are alot more complications and pain associated with induced labor, so I'm going to try and hold off as long as I can without intervening. I am going to try some self-induction methods though like walking (which I have already been doing), eating eggplant parmesan and pineapple, and accupressure (NOT to be confused with accupuncture!!). I figure that none of them could hurt, so what the heck? I've decided to avoid drinking castor oil and nipple stimulation for obvious reasons!

Since it's been awhile since I posted a picture, here I am in all my 39 week glory:
AND...when I went to the doctor this morning, I had lost 2 pounds. I figure it was just water weight or something, but that brings my total weight gain down to 28 pounds and I'm sticking with it! Please keep us all in your prayers over the next several weeks. We're getting so close to finally meeting our baby boy!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

You look beautiful! And so does the nursery! Can't wait to see pictures of sweet baby Sutton! Best wishes to you!