If you'll notice the pregnancy ticker across the top of the blog, it reads: 40 weeks and 2 days. That is no mistake. Apparently I have a very hospitable womb and Sutton is really enjoying his stay. I went back to the doctor on Wednesday and am still 1.5 cm dilated. I was sure that he was going to tell me that I was 2.5-3 cm dilated, not that there was NO CHANGE from last week!!
So, we had an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid levels, which look good, and to see how he is doing. In order to pass the test, his diaphragm had to be moving up and down indicating he is practicing breathing (check), his growth had to be on track (check)and he had to move every extremity so many times all within 30 minutes. If he didn't pass the test, it would indicate that we may need to get him out. Well, for the first 20 minutes he would.not.budge. The ultrasound tech was poking and prodding him all over the place and he just wouldn't move. I told her that he wasn't a morning person. At this point, I was starting to get a bit worried, so she got out this buzzer and put it up to my belly and "buzzed" him. It sounded like the buzzer that goes off at the end of a basketball game and that got him going! So he passed that test and the stress test as well. The plan is that I will go back next Wednesday if he hasn't come already, check things out, and if things are still looking good we will schedule an induction for the 25th.
I really do not want to be induced if I don't have to, so please pray that he decides to come on his own before then. Any and all prayers for us in the next week would be greatly appreciated. Here's hoping that my next post will be announcing his arrival!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment