This recipe is my great-grandmother's and is a perfect side dish for the summer and a great way to use up any leftover squash. I made it the other night, but forgot to take a picture (I will have to remember to start doing that!) I make it in a glass pie plate and it turns out similar to a quiche, but not as eggy. Even if you don't like squash, you are sure to love this dish!
2 cups diced squash (you can also use zucchini)
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 c. Bisquick
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c.parmesan cheese (or cheddar or whatever you have!)
salt, pepper, and garlic powder
*The other night I also added roasted red peppers, and it was great!
Mix all together and pour in a greased pie pan. I like to sprinkle with paprika to add a bit of color. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Did I mention how EASY this recipe is?
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Thanks again for this one - we loved it!
Mmm, we LOVE squash and this sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it!
Post a Comment