I made this shrimp pasta for dinner last night and it was delicious and easy, my favorite combination! This recipe came from the Kraft Food & Family magazine which USED to be free, but of course now you have to buy. Sterling's grandmother had an extra copy, so I got mine for FREE! You can probably still get many of the recipes free from Kraft's website. Anyway, back to the recipe.
3 cups farfalle (bow-tie pasta), uncooked *
1/4 cup Kraft Sun-Dried tomato dressing, divided
1 lb. uncooked peeled deveined shrimp
1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
4 oz. (1/2 block) reduced fat cream cheese , cubed
2 cups grape tomatoes
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
8 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips (I used dried)
salt, pepper, and garlic powder (I don't measure, just add until it tastes good!)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook shrimp in a skillet in 2 T of dressing. Cook until pink and remove from skillet.
Add remaining dressing, broth, and seasonings to skillet. Cook 2 minutes, then add whisk in cream cheese and parmesan cheese until melted. Stir in tomatoes and shrimp.
Toss pasta with sauce and top with fresh basil. I added green onions for color since I didn't have fresh basil.

* The recipe calls for bowtie pasta, but as you can see in the picture, those aren't bowties. Wanna know why? Well, when I was at the store, the only whole wheat bowties I could find were $2.50 a box! So, I got the store brand whole wheat rotini instead for $1.00. When I get home, the hubby informs me this is unacceptable since bowtie is his favorite and he despises rotini. Seriously?! It all tastes the same! Luckily I had some whole wheat linguine in the pantry. Crisis resolved


No comments:
Post a Comment